11th Annual Oktoberfest Scheduled for October 5-7
Sep 12, 2012 11:03AM
● By tina
Don your Alpine hat and get out your favorite beer stein for the 11th Annual Southlake Oktoberfest presented by Texas Nissan of Grapevine. Hosted by the Southlake Chamber of Commerce, approximately 75,000 people are expected to attend the three-day event, which takes place October 5-7 at Southlake Town Square and promises traditional favorites, plus new attractions and live entertainment.
As one of the most popular Oktoberfest celebrations in Dallas-Fort Worth, Southlake Oktoberfest features a wide variety of activities for both adults and children:
• Approximately 100 arts and crafts exhibitors selling handmade wares
• Food vendors serving everything from bratwurst to strudel
• Die Festalle (festival) tent serving a variety of beer and wine
• Sports Zone featuring a 9x16 foot television screen airing college and NFL games
• Game Zone sponsored by GameStop
• Wiener dog parade, costume contest and races
• Children’s area with games, train rides, bounce houses and rock climbing wall
• Radio Disney will broadcast live Sunday, October 7, at noon
The wildly popular wiener dog races will take place Saturday, October 6, at 10:30 a.m., preceded by a wiener dog parade at 10:15 a.m. On-site registration begins at 9:00 a.m. or pre-register for the Weiner Dog Race.
Live entertainment will take place throughout the weekend, including both local performers and headlining acts:
• Friday at 9:30 p.m. - Emerald City
• Saturday at 9:30 p.m. - Le Freak
• Sunday at 1:45 p.m. - Professor D
Southlake Oktoberfest is free admission to the public. Hours of operation are Friday 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., and Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. For additional information, contact the Southlake Chamber office at 817-481-8200 or visit Southlake Oktoberfest.