Southlake Oktoberfest Returns October 3-5 In Town Square
Sep 02, 2014 11:45AM ● Published by Dia
Don your alpine hat and get out your favorite beer stein for the 13th Annual Southlake Oktoberfest, hosted by Southlake Chamber of Commerce and presenting sponsor, Texas Nissan of Grapevine. The three-day festival takes place October 3, 4, and 5 at Southlake Town Square and admission is free!
As one of the largest Oktoberfest celebrations in the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex, more than 75,000 people are expected to attend this fun family event. Highlighting this year's German-inspired festival are activities and attractions for both adults and children:
- More than 100 arts and crafts exhibitors selling handmade products.
- Sports Zone with GoVision big screen airing college and NFL games, and GameStop gaming station.
- Children’s area with games, train rides, bounce houses and rock climbing wall.
- Street performers including magician, juggler, clown, flag twirler and stilt walker.
- Die Festalle tent with German food, beer and wine, and live entertainment.
- Don’t miss the wildly popular wiener dog race will take place Saturday, October 4, beginning with the costume parade at 9:45 a.m. and races start at 10:00 a.m.
- Live entertainment will take place throughout the weekend on two stages, including both local performers and regional bands such as Space Rockers, Blue Finger Disco and Back in Black.
Southlake Oktoberfest is free admission and parking. Hours of operation are Friday 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., and Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. For more information, go to www.OktoberfestSouthlake.com.