Win an iPad at Green Fest, which Returns to Southlake This Saturday
Mar 25, 2015 11:09AM ● Published by Kevin
Taken at the 2013 Green Fest Southlake. Photo courtesy of Green Fest Southlake.
The event features various ways residents can invest in a sustainable future, improve daily living and save money by going green. Southlake Town Square will be turned into a green oasis, "as vendors, manufacturers and other businesses present products and services about going green and protecting our precious resources," according to a story on the event on MySouthlakeNews.com.
The free event will feature live entertainment by Le Freak, a raffle, a scavenger hunt for elementary students, where the two winners will receive an Apple iPad, and more. Kids in kindergarten through sixth grade can bring their juice pouches to recycle and be entered into a raffle for a new Apple iPad. For every 10 juice pouches, kids will receive a ticket for the drawing.
"Last year, we collected over 5,000 empty juice pouches to be upcycled into great products!" Texas Green Fest's website says. "Our goal next year is 6,000! #6000upcycledjuicepouches."
This year they are also collecting old cell phones. For every cell phone you bring, you will earn one ticket for the iPad drawing.
Missed your opportunity at the iPad? Complete your 10 scavenger hunt questions by going to 10 different booths and you will get another chance to win a second Apple iPad.
Interested sponsors or volunteers can contact the organization directly by clicking here.
Current sponsors include: Grubbs Infiniti (title), Carroll ISD, ASL Design, City of Southlake, the Edmondson Law Firm, P.C., Central Market, Southlake Town Square, Pier Magic Foundation Specialists, JLH Designs, Music Maker Creative Arts Center, Providence Bank of Texas, and Irontribe Fitness.
- Curb Your Nature
- Naturepedic Organic Mattresses
- Optimized Living
- It's Organic 2U!
- Family Wellness Chiropractic
- Whole Earth Provision
- Innate Wellness Center
- Buff n' Coat Hardwood Floors
- SmartWool Socks
- Green Pest Guys
- Natural Awakenings
- Daylight Rangers
- Vegan Noms
- Moxie Scooter
- NYR Organics
- Nektar Juice Bar
- Texas Humane Legislation Network
- Rapid Refill
About TerracycleTerracycle is an organization that offers to take juice pouches and other items that are not otherwise recyclable and turn them cool stuff, like lunch bags and pencil bags. You can buy these items online at Terracycle.net.
In 2011, Terracycle participants were able to:
- provide 4,845 people a year's worth of clean water via Charity Water
- provide one day of school supplies for 2,454 children via Covenant House
- donate 20,042 meals through Feeding America
- preserve 691 acres of wildlife via the National Wildlife Foundation
- donate 2,652 chickens, 1,065 geese and 5,960 bees via Heifer International
- offset 111 tons of carbon via Carbonfund.org
- plant 14,727 trees via the Arbor Day
- provide one week of clean diapers to 96 children via Every Little Bottom