Gallery: Spring CSHS Signing Event [6 Images] Click any image to expand.
Years of hard work and dedication culminated today when 15 CSHS athletes signed letters of intent to represent colleges throughout the United States. Family and friends gathered to celebrate with the students at what is probably one of the proudest moments in a high school athlete’s life.
As CSHS Principal Shawn Duhon addressed what was probably the largest crowd to attend a signing day event in recent memory, he spoke specifically to the parents at one point, commenting on today being Tax Day. “All the love, encouragement and support you have given your kids over the years has paid off, and sitting up here is your biggest return on investment.”
When you add the number of students who signed this morning to the running total of 29 from CSHS, it’s easy to see that with 44 letters of intent, Dragon Athletics is still producing some of the state’s best athletes.
• Austin Horak, baseball, Murray State College
• Jeremy Fernando, baseball, The College of Wooster
• Luke Lanham, cross country/track, U.S. Naval Academy
• Johnny Kemps, cross country/track, Boston College
• Rianna Randolph, cross country/track, Texas Tech University
• Ansel Richards, cross country/track, University of Chicago
• Eric Vetere, cross country/track, Texas Christian University
• Jack Connor, golf, Abilene Christian University
• Hunter Summy, men’s basketball, University of San Diego
• Tichina Coleman, women’s basketball, Southern Nazarene University
• Natalie Mladenovic, sand volleyball, Texas Christian University
• Carson Klein, swimming, Southern Methodist University
• John Everett, swimming, Claremont McKenna College
• MaKayla Forsberg, women’s soccer, University of Texas at Dallas
• Jamie Phelps, women’s soccer, University of North Carolina – Greensboro