It’s Time for University Day on the Runway
Feb 22, 2016 08:32AM ● Published by Dia
The National Charity League - Southlake annual Fashion Show & Benefit has given back to community charities for 18 years. The collegiate-themed University Day on the Runway event is Sunday, March 6th at the Hurst Convention Center and features fun and entertaining fashion and style…all for a good cause. Dr. David Faltys and Mr. Chad McCoy, event emcees, have already begun advertising their entertaining acts for the event on social media!
It is no small task to develop an event that brings in over 700 attendees and raises around $90,000 for area non-profits. Nine NCL-sponsored charities depend on this show to fund vital programs in their budget:
· Battered Women’s Foundation
· Miracle League of Southlake
· Christmas Is For Children
· Special Olympics
· The Gatehouse of Grapevine
· Stepping Stones Foundation
· GRACE Feed Our Kids,
· Summer Santa
· Metroport Meals on Wheels
The all-volunteer mother/daughter-supported chapter of NCL-Southlake began work as soon as last year’s show ended with over 50 committee members and 300 volunteers on task for that incredible day. Michelle Greenberg, Laura Grosskopf, Tobin Osterberg and Michelle Platt, are up for the task in 2016! Michelle Greenberg is adamant, “We invite everyone in this community to attend this very special show. Critical funds are raised not only by the committee but also with the help of Junior-class and Senior-class ladies and gentlemen that makes you realize that we are in good hands with the generation we are raising.” The message is clear: Raise More to Give More. Area businesses echo this message through their generous support:
· Valedictorian Level Sponsors include: Corinthian Wellness Spa, Schneider Wealth Management, Bratton Photography and Panacea,
· Salutatorian: All-Star Orthopaedics, Alpine Tree Service, & Alpine Materials, Blind & Shutter Guys, Complete Care Southlake, Associated Time & Parking Controls, Beauty Brands, Smart Bronze Sunless Tanning, Southlake Style, Cramer Family, Joyner Family Fund of the Dallas Foundation, Kathy & Mike Talley, The DeFreece Family & The Russell Family.
· …and many other supportive sponsors!
Upon surpassing the committee’s goal of $50,000, committee member Michelle Moore said, “Our sponsors become part of our NCL family.”
Your job is easy! Please visit southlake.nationalcharityleague.org to get your tickets today! Seats are filling fast to support the nine area charities. Mark your calendar now as “scheduled” for March 6th at 4 p.m. at the Hurst Convention Center!