Students Have One Month Left to Apply for One of 10 CEF Senior Scholarships
Mar 07, 2016 01:12PM ● Published by Kevin
The foundation will award 10 scholarships. Requirements:
2016 CEF Scholarship Qualifications
- Applicant must be a graduating senior enrolled in the Carroll Independent School District
- Recipient must return completed Recipient Information Sheet, received in May, by 9/30/2016
- Award will be distributed to an accredited college or university where the recipient is enrolled as a full-time student. The student should plan to be enrolled in an accredited college or university by the first fall semester following announcement of the scholarship award. S
- Recipient(s) must use the funds awarded within a twelve-month period from the date of award.
- Acceptance by the recipient(s) of a full tuition scholarship from another source constitutes disqualification for a Carroll Education Foundation Scholarship.
2016 CEF Scholarship Timeline
- Thursday, 4/7/16 – Application Deadline
- Thursday, 4/28/16 – Scholarship Committee Selection Meeting
- Monday, 5/2 /16 – Award recipients communicated to CSHS Guidance Office
- Tuesday, 5/17/16 – CISD Scholarship Recipients Awards Assembly
"CEF heavily relies on the generosity of sponsors and donors to fund the over $1.2M in grants and $200,000 in senior scholarships provided since inception," the advisory said. "You can support CEF in its 20th Anniversary of giving back to Carroll ISD with a donation."
Also known as Friends of CEF, the 20th Anniversary Fund is a capital campaign that seeks to celebrate the 20th year of the foundation’s mission to enhance and enrich the educational learning experience within the Carroll Independent School District, according to the CEF website.
Visit www.southlakecef.org for more information and for opportunities to support education in your community.