10 Things No One Told You About Living in Southlake
May 03, 2016 01:34PM
● By Dia
Some things about Southlake are obvious. Everyone knows this is Dragon Country and we will Protect the Tradition no matter what. But some things about our town are subtle— you only notice them when you live here. Here are a few of those things that nobody ever mentions, but are absolutely relatable as a resident.
1. You’ll try to beat the morning rush just to get out of your neighborhood.
2. But despite this, it’s still easy getting around town.
3. You’ll become somewhat of a grocery snob.
4. You’ll see more sushi-delivery cars than pizza-delivery cars.
5. Getting stuck behind a bicyclist on continental will be a major test of your patience.
6. The airport noise from DFW isn’t that bad. Really.
7. You will be sold something by a kid at your door.
8. Residents work hard and give back even harder. which leads to our next poinT …
9. Volunteering is a way of life in Southlake.
10. The phrase “God blessed Texas” takes on a whole new meaning.
What would you add to the list? Tweet us @SouthlakeStyle #10Things or comment on this story at SouthlakeStyle.com.