10 Things People in Southlake Do Before Going On Vacation
Jul 05, 2016 09:54AM
● By Ashley Pape
It’s summertime, the season when nearly everyone jets away from our fair city to enjoy the splendors of summer somewhere else—at least for a little while. If you have a vacation on the horizon, there’s a good chance you’re doing many of these things before you go.
1. Recruit a neighbor who will still be in town to. Be your mail-getter, dog-watcher and housesitter.
2. Go on a shopping binge at everything but water for a statement beach bag. (and sunglasses, swimsuits and shoes.)
3. Schedule a hand-sprayed tan.
4. Get some pre-vacation pampering: a mani/pedi and probably a massage, too.
5. Make friends, family and credit card companies aware of your travel itinerary.
6. Splurge on cute new luggage for your kids.
7. Proudly affix a dragon tag or sticker on said luggage.
8. Load up on reading material for the trip.
9. Book a ride to the airport.
10. Pack the latest issue of Southlake Style.
What would you add to the list? Tweet us @SouthlakeStyle #10Things or comment on this story at SouthlakeStyle.com.