Local Stars Look to Shine on February 8th
Jan 16, 2018 10:48AM
● By Dia
They’re at the top of their game in the office, the boardroom, the ministry, and the classroom but can they handle the spotlight on stage?
On February 8, 2018, in what is sure to be a packed house, eight local celebrities will pair up with Carroll’s brightest theatrical stars to recreate scenes and compete for the chance to be crowned Carroll’s third Acting WithThe Stars winner.
While a panel of judges will have input in the final decision, the audience will certainly have their say. Event tickets come with one vote but this is one election in which stuffing the ballot box is encouraged as additional votes are available for $1.
Last year’s winner Mr. Tommy Pennington, may be reluctant to relinquish the Mirror Ball Trophy but perhaps he can take cues from the inaugural winner Mayor Laura Hill who continues to dazzle long after her win.
2018 ACTING WITH THE STARS TEAMS
· Mr. Matt Colvin - Forensics Teacher - CSHS #TeamColvin (Victoria Hill, Julia Bramlage, & Rachell Connell)
· Mr. Paul Doucet - Director – CSHS Choir #TeamDoucet (Emory Grayson, Devan DeLugo, & Katie Cross)
· Mr. P.J. Giamanco – CHS Principal #TeamGiamanco (Shehram Khan, Shawn Carter, & Mitchell Groff)
· Coach Nichole Gilley - Team Leadership/ PALS/ Cross Country #TeamGilley (Christina Melocik, Garrett Walsh, & Sara McDonough)
· Mrs. Michelle Joseph - Whites Chapel Student Minister #TeamJoseph (Jessica Melocik, Kate Marshall, & Rylee Hach)
· Ms. Whitney Long - US History/ Basketball #TeamLong (Maddie Nelson, Peyton Fleming, & Sydney Weill)
· Mr. David Lown - Director – CSHS Jazz Band #TeamLown (Tiffany Mann, Nico Ross, & Jack Cory)
· Mrs. Rhea Voelkle - Science-IPC Teacher, Teacher of the Year – CHS #TeamVoelkle (Will Ferner, Coleman Hahn, Miranda Campin & Pierson Van den Dyssel)
The winners will claim both bragging rights for the year and the coveted Acting with the Stars Mirrorball Trophy!February 8, 2018, 7:00 pm
Carroll Senior High School Auditorium
Tickets $10 (includes 1 vote)
Additional Votes $1 each