Salary: $35K-$45K based on experience
Are you creative with a knack for engaging copyediting? Do you have an eye for detail and the heart to capture stories beloved by an entire city? If so, we want to showcase your skills and experience to the resident readers of our award-winning city-focused lifestyle magazine.
As a Staff Writer at Southlake Style and Flower Mound Style you will be part of a small, yet dynamic team. Under the supervision of the Editor, the position is responsible for writing and editing monthly print, digital and social media content. This position also collaborates closely with the in-house art director and a team of freelance writers in order to develop high-quality lifestyle content within hard editorial deadlines.
- Manage digital content and social media on a daily basis
- Coordinate and write specific department editorial
- Report and write editorial features
- Edit copy for grammar, punctuation and factual integrity
- Include stylistic headlines and captions
- Assist the Editor and freelance team with content generation
- Attend local events of note and network within the community
Long-form storytelling and editing. Engaging short-form editing. Creative headline and tagline editing. Strong attention to detail in proofreading. Ability to work effectively and professionally with freelancers and art staff. Ability to manage multiple assignments in a deadline-driven environment.
MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), basic photography
Advertising Account Executive
Sales— Southlake, TX
Pay: Commission with draw, first year earning potential $50K
Are you passionate about print and digital advertising, networking and building relationships within our community?
Southlake Style & Flower Mound Style magazines are searching for an Account Executive to build relationships and sell print, digital, social and event solutions to small, medium and large-sized businesses. As an Advertising Account Executive you will be part of a small, yet dynamic team and responsible for growing an existing book of business while proactively prospecting and selling new business. This sales position collaborates closely with the Publisher, Advertising Director, and creative team to develop and deliver high quality advertising campaigns for local and regional businesses.
- Grow an existing book of business.
- Prospect, develop relationships and customize integrated media campaigns through personal, email and phone consultations.
- Meet and exceed monthly sales goals.
- 2+ years consultative sales, business development, or fundraising experience including prospecting, in person meetings and negotiations.
- Ability to build relationships and develop marketing strategies for a wide variety of businesses.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to achieve successful sales results.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced, professional work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Excellent organization & time management.