Oktoberfest Sponsorships Available
Jul 17, 2013 01:47PM ● Published by tina
The ever-popular Wiener Dog Races will be back at this year's Oktoberfest. Photo credit: Tim Hill Photography.
Submitted by Tracy Southers
Get ready for wiener dog races, bratwurst and German beer at this year’s Oktoberfest, October 4-6 at Southlake Town Square. Presented by the Southlake Chamber of Commerce and Texas Nissan of Grapevine, approximately 75,000 people are expected to attend the three-day event. Admission is free to the public.
As its largest annual fundraiser, the Southlake Chamber of Commerce is seeking support from local businesses through event sponsorships, which range from $500 to $15,000. Sponsorship opportunities currently available include music stage, children's area, wiener dog races, souvenir program and more.
As one of the most popular Oktoberfest celebrations in the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex, Southlake Oktoberfest is a fun family event with activities for both adults and children:
• Wiener dog parade, costume contest and races Saturday, October 5.
• Die Festalle (festival) tent serving authentic German food, beer and wine, and live entertainment.
• Approximately 100 arts and crafts exhibitors selling handmade products.
• Food vendors serving both German and American fare.
• An active “Sports Zone” featuring a 9x16 foot television screen airing college and NFL games.
• Children’s area with games, train rides, bounce houses and rock climbing wall.
• Street performers including magician, juggler, clown, flag twirler and stilt walker.
Swiss alpine horns will kick-off the festivities Friday at 5:00pm on the steps of Southlake Town Hall. Live entertainment will take place throughout the weekend, including both local performers and regional bands:
• Friday ̶ Micah Blalock, Big Wheel and A Hard Night's Day
• Saturday ̶ Brave Combo, Southlake Community Band, Julie Elias, Guns 4 Roses, Lone Star Ramblers and High Definition
• Sunday ̶ Maylee Thomas, Event Horizon, Rob Holbert Afro-American Jazz and Alpine Village Band
Southlake Oktoberfest is free admission to the public. Hours of operation are Friday 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., and Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Wiener Dog race is scheduled for Saturday, October 5, with on-site registration beginning at 8:30 a.m. For additional information regarding Oktoberfest, contact the Southlake Chamber of Commerce at 817-481-8200 or visit Oktoberfest-Southlake.
Photo credit: Tim Hill Photography