11 Inventive Date Night Ideas
Feb 12, 2015 05:03PM ● Published by Mike
A cozy night by the fire is all you need for love this Valentine's Day.
bears and candy led to flowers, which eventually led to that ring. As the years
pass showing the love of your life how much you care doesn’t get much easier.
When you want to do more than just get by, try any one of these inventive ideas
for a romantic Valentine’s weekend.
1. Get the ball rolling— romance isn’t about money spent, but about great memories. Reminisce over days of old while making new memories with a game of bowling. Where else can rented shoes be so endearing? Try: Main Event Grapevine.
2. Get limber— wrap your mind and body around the idea of spending quality time together. You’ll relax and reconnect while burning off that box of chocolates. Try: Sunstone Yoga.
3. Hit the trails— fresh air can do a body good. Hiking, biking or even a run together will reap rewards long after you’re done. It may sound harsh, but leave Fido at home. Enjoy the view and each other. Try: White Rock Lake.
4. Share a laugh— Dinner and a movie probably makes your regular rotation, mix it up with an adults only night at the comedy club. Make that drink a double and dare each other to sit up front. Laughter is more than the best medicine. Try: Hyenas Comedy Night Club, or Four Day Weekend
5. Be a bookworm— play to each other’s special interests with a love of learning. Grab a latte and comb the shelves of each other’s favorite topics at a bookstore. Bonus points: visit the travel section and choose the destination for your next romantic getaway. Try: Barnes & Noble
6. Rekindle the flame— cooler nights can heat up around the fire. Enjoy a favorite glass of wine by the fire pit. Take the idea one step further with an adults only s’mores session. Try: Your backyard. No link necessary, it's the place out the window you rarely visit.
7. Give her the stars—not just for third grade field trips, planetariums are a great place to tell a date you’re over the moon in love. Try: The University of Texas at Arlington’s “Romancing the Stars”
8. More than a chick flick— ok, ok. We know 50 Shades comes out this weekend, but if you’re looking for a movie night with less gawking and more intimacy try a Drive-In Movie. Share a bucket of popcorn and a little something more in the backseat. Try: Coyote Drive-In.
9. In Da Club— It’s Valentine’s Day, but you can still party like it’s your birthday! Enjoy an evening of live entertainment and really live people watching. If a night at the club doesn’t rekindle your appreciation for each other nothing will! Try: The Glass Cactus at the Gaylord Texan
10. Recipe for Romance— She wants to take a couple’s ballroom dancing class. You have two left feet. This is a great compromise. Isn’t that what relationships are all about? Try: Central Market Cooking School's Recipe For Romance
11. Fly Away— Blow her away and show your adventurous side with a night of indoor sky-diving. Try: iFly Dallas